This is the first course of the New Testament Greek. It covers the basic elements of koine (common) Greek. The course will cover the first five chapters of the textbook during the first year and continue up to chapters 12-14.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Read sentences in Greek fluently;
- Parse words and identify cases, gender, mood, voice etc.;
- Translate short sentences into English in a grammatically accurate manner;
- Use the principles of grammar learned to do basic exegesis.
- Understand and see the value and richness of Greek grammar in interpreting the NT